Backend Software Engineer
Shotcall is the platform that gives content creators complete control over monetization and user engagement by allowing them to offer their time to play video games alongside their fans. As demand for our product continues to climb, we are looking to bring on new hires to strengthen the team.
We are hiring a primarily backend engineer to grow and maintain our product set as we push to continue our rapid month over month growth. As one of our first tech hires, you will work directly alongside our tech founders, our CEO, and our community management team to iteratively improve the experience we offer users. On a daily basis, you will collaborate with the tech team to architect solutions for customer pain points. You will lay the groundwork for future tech hires and will be pushed to be a leader within the company from day one.
As a backend engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, both internal and external. You will build, maintain, and extend our feature set, APIs, and third party integration into other applications.
- At least two years of professional backend development - strong preference for Java
- Experience working with relational databases (e..g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Preferred - previous experience with NoSQL, Spring framework, and AWS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal capabilities
- Ambitious self-starter with a passion for the gaming industry