Visual Effects Artist
Shiny Shoe is seeking a multi-talented, self-motivated Visual Effects Artist to join our team as we embark on the development of a new original title!
Candidates should have a thorough understanding of how to create real-time, visually stylized effects in game engines, be an adept problem solver, have a proactive and communicative personality, be self-managed, self-motivated, and enjoy learning new skills and technologies.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a production environment in games
- Proficient with Unity’s VFX systems/Tools: Particle systems, Shader Graphs, Animation tools etc
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop and related VFX authoring tools (eg. After Effects, Nuke, Houdini etc)
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Create and maintain VFX tools, systems and pipelines
- Visual design and implementation of stylized character and environment VFX
- Collaborate with Designers and Art Director to define, prototype, refine and implement Character and Environment FX that help communicate gameplay interactions
- Work with Animators to sequence visual effects to animation
- Work with Programmers to ensure visual effects are triggered, utilized and optimized properly
Nice To Haves
- Experience programming in C# in Unity for tools, etc.
- Shader writing experience (HLSL)
Founded in 2011, Shiny Shoe develops games for PC, console, and mobile. We strive to work on creative projects and on the types of games the team finds compelling. Trying to do things no one else has tried before is what gets us out of bed in the morning.
Our latest title Monster Train was awarded PC Gamer’s “Best Card Game of 2020” and was nominated for Strategy Game of the Year at DICE.
We are located in downtown San Francisco, CA. Our office is near BART, MUNI, bus lines, and Caltrain for easy access.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.