Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London called Sharkmob London Ltd. As part of a journey that started in Sweden in 2017, Sharkmob London will take AAA, hardcore multiplayer games to places nobody has gone before.
The UK studio is led by a core team of local industry veterans operating as a fully integrated part of Sharkmob, with backing from Tencent Games. Sharkmob is currently working on three different projects, one of which is a proprietary IP that will be developed in London.
We are looking for an experienced Narrative Director to lead the team responsible for developing the narrative, lore and story lines of our game worlds, and directing the way in which we tell those stories in game. You should love creating worlds (and everything in them!), weaving narratives that resonate with our audience, and collaborating with others to turn all that into a playable game. You will have experience driving IP and narrative development from the ground up, and a keen passion for world building, non-linear and environmental storytelling, writing and cinematography.
The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
- Experience leading a team of narrative designers, writers and cinematic designers on open-world AAA games
- Experience developing comprehensive and believable game settings and worlds from the ground-up, appealable to broad audiences
- Proven capabilities as a writer, and an eye for cinematic delivery and timing
- Willingness to get hands-on at a low level in all aspects of narrative design
- An appreciation for both big picture narrative, and all the little details that make it believable
- A great imagination
- Experience with environmental and non-linear storytelling, and a desire to facilitate organic player stories
- Experience of IP development from the ground-up
- Experience with research and analysis as it pertains to world building, narrative and lore development
- An awareness of pop culture, current entertainment trends and relevant topics
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience with localisation processes
- Broad familiarity across science-fiction, fantasy and / or real-world history (we'd love to hear about your narrative passions and where you draw inspiration as part of your application)
- In addition, please feel free to share any preferences of genre, narrative style or other relevant info as part of your application, which will greatly help the selection process!