(Closed) Lead Technical Artist
We are now looking for a Lead Technical Artist! You will lead a team of tech artists working on our Vampire Battle Royale game after we launch the game and continue to develop live content.
In this role, you will work closely with other artists, designers, programmers, and many other disciplines to take the game to the next level. You will be instrumental in developing new tools, processes and techniques to empower designers and artists to create great new content. As a Lead Technical Artist you will wear many hats; work closely with the Art Director to support the artistic vision; be a detective and figure out solutions to tricky technical challenges; a communicator that gathers all the necessary people to solve a problem that has been found. You will also support other technical artists in your team with feedback, mentorship, and knowledge.
- Work together with the Art Director to implement their artistic vision while respecting technical restrictions.
- Bridge the gap between programmers and artists.
- Optimizing the game together with programmers and content creators.
- Oversee the development of tools and pipelines that are needed by various departments to produce content for the game.
- Assist other departments when planning and features/designs to avoid problems caused by technical restrictions.
- Shipped at least two previous games.
- Great organizational skills. You will plan the work for the department and make sure that we are working on the right things.
- Exceptional communication skills. You will be working closely with your team and with other departments.
- Great problem-solving and prototyping abilities. You will face tasks and requests that are not clearly defined and work together with other departments to figure out what you can achieve and how best to achieve it.
- Look out for potential risks to the project or the team and raise those risks to stakeholders.
- Experience with mentoring other technical artists. You will provide meaningful feedback to other technical artists on how to improve themselves and their processes going forward. You will also enable and support them by making sure that they have everything they need to solve their tasks.
- Experience with procedural content creation.
- Programming/scripting experience with Python, MEL, C#, C++.
- Experience with shader creation.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
Location of Role
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and is open to all applicants with the intention to relocate as soon as possible.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.