Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be part of the development team for our new Battle Royale game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.
Site Reliability Engineers take ownership of security, reliability, scalability, automation, and other issues related to uptime and availability of IaaS/PaaS Cloud Services. In your role at Sharkmob you will work with some of the latest technologies and methodologies in designing, implementing, and maintaining the game's infrastructure. We are looking for a service minded person who is passionate about all things games.
Sharkmob in Malmö can offer you a great adventure as we are on a journey together with our London location to release 3 AAA-quality games. Everyone in our crew is entitled to a true sense of ownership and responsibility for the games we make. At the end of the day we are doing this together and the contributions each and everyone makes bring our games closer to greatness.
- Experience managing an engineering team on large-scale projects.
- Ability to drill down from the larger picture into code, networking, operating systems, and storage.
- Experience with operating business-critical systems.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully addressing operational failures, performing Root Cause Analysis, scheduling maintenance downtime, and implementing system-wide corrections to prevent further reoccurrence of issues.
- Production level expertise with Networking, OS, Security, and application monitoring.
- Experience allocating team resources in order to meet strategic goals. Mentor and coach to develop and sustain engagement with employees.
- Shipped at least one AAA game from end-to-end in a Senior or Lead SRE role.
- 3+ years of hands-on with cloud technology; AWS or GCP in application/production support environment.
- 3+ years in a leadership position managing a team.
- Strong communication skills to work well with multi-functional engineering teams addressing conflicts and critical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in clear, non-technical language.