Lead Backend Engineer
Sharkmob is growing and has opened a new studio in central London called Sharkmob London Ltd. As part of a journey that started in Sweden in 2017, Sharkmob London will take AAA, hardcore multiplayer games to places nobody has gone before.
The UK studio is led by a core team of local industry veterans operating as a fully integrated part of Sharkmob, with backing from Tencent Games. Sharkmob is currently working on three different projects, one of which is a proprietary IP that will be developed in London.
The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a highly unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
We are looking for a candidate that is skilled in backend programming and all that goes with it, from hosting decisions to large data architecture and gameplay systems. You will be part of designing and implementing our backend systems as well as working closely within a multidisciplinary team to create new features. There will also be plenty of opportunity to dive deeper into the other parts of the game and work on non-backend systems if there is interest.
- Familiarity working with networked backend systems
- Good knowledge of C++
- Deep understanding of network layers and infrastructure
- Broad knowledge of different backend solutions
- Ability to understand and improve on existing systems
- Effective communication and collaboration skills with other development disciplines
- Passion for games
- Good knowledge of C#
- Experience of Game development
- Experience of PlayStation Network and Xbox Live
- Experience of working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience of MySQL