Are you curious about the whos, whats and whys in gaming? Do you want to help bring data science into business decision-making? Then you may be our next Data Scientist!
“Gaming is fun from a data point of view because of the depth & richness of the datasets and the challenging problems - how do you quantify fun, how do game mechanics interact, what drives a good experience and what is the business value of that experience?” Carl Regårdh, Lead Data Scientist
As a Data Scientist, you will help us make sense of our raw game and business data. Together, we want to improve our games and influence business decisions by making the most out of our data. For this role, you must understand and communicate key insights and questions clearly to colleagues outside the team. We believe that a successful candidate has a few years of experience, preferably in the industry, and a background in computer science, physics, mathematics or a similar field.
This is an on-site position at the Sharkmob's Malmö studio in Sweden.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure the adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
- Engage with business stakeholders to design and take charge of end-to-end solutions to empower data-driven decision-making.
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects.
- Visualize data and create reports.
- Deploying and maintaining working machine learning models in production environments.
- Experiment with new models and techniques and align data projects with organizational goals.
- Championing Data Science within the studio.
- External data team communication and collaboration.
- Hands-on experience with developing custom data models and algorithms to address business challenges using SQL, Python, or R.
- Proficient user of distributed analytics/data engines such as Hive/Spark.
- Proven work experience with ETL design, development, and automation (e.g., using Airflow).
- Strong analytic skills and data domain curiosity.
- Top-notch communication skills. Ability to clearly formulate and articulate the problem at hand in a simple, actionable way (especially to stakeholders that are non-scientists).
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical thinking and the resourcefulness to drive projects to success.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden, and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is working on three major projects: Bloodhunt - a battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe slated for release in 2022; and two proprietary, unannounced projects. We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more about Sharkmob and the perks of being a crew member here.