We are looking for a Build Engineer to strengthen our DevOps team and help to bring next-generation tools and practices to game development and online game services. You will support the other teams of engineers by building reliable automation pipelines and craft tools to make the CI/CD process more effective. In this process, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and methodologies to design, implement, and maintain the game's tools, systems, and services; achieving a true always-online platform with minimum interruptions.
As a studio, we offer you the opportunity to explore new territory in the realm of online gaming, starting with our first game Bloodhunt. We are looking for people who want to have fun at work, share ownership, and make smart decisions; people who have a positive attitude, are passionate, and value professionalism.
- Comfortable working independently in Python or another major language.
- Strong knowledge of a source control system (eg. Perforce, Git);
- The knowledge to continually improve CI/CD tools, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to build tools to monitor & alert high performance and low latency applications.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Saltstack or Ansible.
- Technical skills in scaling application management, SQL, CDN technologies, network analysis tools, and distributed systems will be crucial in identifying production issues.
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and growth.
- A true collaborative spirit - making sure communication works efficiently between disciplines.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and is open to all applicants intending to relocate as soon as possible.
Who we are
Sharkmob was founded in 2017 and has offices in Malmö, Sweden and London, UK. The studio develops AAA quality games for PC and console, using the Unreal Engine to power its ambitions of taking multiplayer games to new heights. Sharkmob is currently working on three major projects: Bloodhunt, the battle royale set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe just released; and two proprietary, unannounced projects.
We hope that you want to join us on our adventure and become a part of our crew. You can find more great perks of being a crew member here. If you want to know more about Sharkmob and our projects, take a look at our homepage.