Livestream Community Intern
The Livestream Community Intern will work closely with the Livestream Community Manager and STREAM for No Kid Hungry team to support our livestream fundraising community. We are looking for someone with knowledge and interest in streaming, Discord and social media in order to help manage and steward our streamer supporters.
Share Our Strength is committed to access, equity, and justice, and we strongly encourage those identifying with historically marginalized groups to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. Applications are considered holistically, focusing on knowledge, skills, and potential for success in our and for the communities we serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support content drafting for STREAM Twitter account.
- Support with community management of our Discord server and STREAM Twitter account.
- Support with outreach and vetting of digital influencers and habitual streamers..
- Engage with our streaming community via stream chats on Twitch.
- Assist with management of our livestream email infobox.
- Assist with management of STREAM master spreadsheet.
- Research projects and other duties may be assigned.
- Interest in gaming and livestreaming.
- Knowledge of Discord and community building.
- Currently enrolled in (or recent graduate of) a degree program.
- Organized, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Outstanding oral communications skills required.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills, and social media savvy.
- Excellent and proven research skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply. Paid position. No calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.