- Assist the Game Director managing the project planning process from concept, through prototyping, development & release to live operation
- Work with the development team to ensure project planning goals are structured & progress is reported internally, escalating issues as required
- Manage approvals & sign off process with internal/external stake holders, ensuring timely production of in-game & documented materials in order to achieve this
- Support the Game Director & key stakeholders to ensure design, quality & timing goals are effectively communicated within the entire development team
- Maintain efficiency within the team by addressing all blocking issues in a timely manner
- Work with the Game Director and discipline stakeholders to ensure the team has the right resources and equipment to meet expected deliverables and deadlines
- Work with legal and licensing on licensing requirements of products to ensure licenses are agreed and abided by throughout the product lifecycle
- Help co-ordinate 3rd party resource providers of services to ensure deliveries mesh in with the internal requirements & pipelines (art, music, audio, user testing, narrative etc)
- Collaborate closely with Marketing through the product life cycle to ensure that all marketing requirements are planned and deliver in line with the product marketing strategy
- Work with the live operations teams to ensure continued success for titles following launch
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 2 years of production support experience as either a Project Manager or Producer within the video game industry, having worked on at least one product through its entire lifecycle
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with superior time management and organizational skills
- Passion for creating games
- Experience of using Hansoft as a project management tool
- Experience working with licensed IPs
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences on a broad range of game related topics: technical, business and creative
- Educational background to graduate degree level (equivalent of 2.1 & above)
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme, or if you’re more of a foodie, you can take advantage of fresh fruit, cereal & toast every day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.