(Closed) Concept Artist
SEGA HARDlight is looking for an experienced or senior concept artist to help visualise a new and exciting high-end mobile title in development.
This is a fixed contract position for up to 6 months that can be performed remotely.
The game will be a fun and stylised mobile game so having a genuine interest and experience of working on similar titles and art is important to us.
We are big on collaboration, so we would like our concept artist to take part in team meetings to share ideas, get feedback and see how the game is evolving. This would potentially suit someone based close to our UK time zone.
A portfolio of work is essential
- The concept artist will work with the art and design teams to develop ideas, provide inspiration and reference material for the artists to work from.
- Most of the concept work will revolve around designing and visualising the environments in the game and how they tie into the game narrative.
- Create a wide variety of initial ideas and roughs quickly and iteratively. With guidance from the team take initial roughs that are working well into more polished concepts.
- Additional concept support is needed for boss characters, gameplay props, storyboards and FX. Having someone comfortable and experienced across these areas will be great, but we are happy to work with people who are just focused on environments or characters.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have an understanding of game development and technical limitations – this will help with the creation of visuals the team can implement.
- Excellent communication skills as a collaborator.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to self-manage your time.
- Passion for games & mobile gaming.