Associate Localisation Engineer
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
We are seeking a Localisation Engineer with a strong understanding of professional software development practices, to work within Localisation Services at SEGA Europe. You will support the Localisation Team and each of the SEGA Studios, you will automate and deliver a continuous localisation workflow, developing and designing tools with a focus on time and quality, mitigating any project risks and constantly looking for innovative ways of managing processes.
- Together with the Localisation Engineer, design, develop and maintain automation tools and processes to handle the localization workflows internally and with each Studio.
- Perform assigned technical tasks to prepare content for localisation.
- Support continuous improvement of processes, including automating repetitive tasks
- Effectively managing multiple assigned tasks from multiple stakeholders in a high-volume production environment
- Communicating with Localisation Engineer, Localisation Project Managers and development teams
- Work with the Localisation Team and SEGA studios, to identify areas requiring improvement and contribute to shaping the long-term engineering roadmap.
- Liaise regularly with SEGA studios and colleagues, about the technical aspects of localisation and project progress.
- Assist in maintenance and administration of the MemoQ Server, and its related localisation data (Translation Memories, Term Bases, etc.)
- Provide technical guidance to the Localisation Team on use of the tools, including MemoQ, and provide ad-hoc solutions for localisation issues as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of professional Software Development best practices
- Experience writing clean, object-oriented code.
- Proficiency with version control tools
- Ability to communicate about technical topics with a non-technical audience
- Anticipate and mitigate risks to project delivery, quality, or costs
- Measure and report on success with a strong sense of ownership
- Proficient use of Word and Excel