Secretlab is an international gaming chair brand seating over a million users worldwide, with our key markets in the United States, Europe and Singapore, where we are headquartered.
You will be an integral member of our Global Finance team which maintains Secretlab’s day-to-day financial operations. Taking on responsibility for Secretlab's tax compliance, you will perform the relevant activities including tax planning, reporting, etc. In this role, you should adopt a process-driven and disciplined approach, collaborating with the Finance team to complete various projects.
You will be part of a team that oversees the global financial operations of Secretlab and its collaborative programs with world-renowned brands, including Game of Thrones, Batman, Cloud9, Team Secret, as well as international esports organisers such as Riot Games for their League of Legends global tournaments.
Your key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Work closely with the Finance Team to ensure integration with various business functions, bring awareness to the business and support new business initiatives in the region
- Responsible for indirect tax compliance, work closely with the local finance teams and manage compliance outsource service providers, provide oversight for indirect tax compliance across the region Assist with tax audit and controversy matters in the region
- Monitor developments of indirect tax policies in the region, work with internal policy team and external advisors supporting tax policy initiatives
- Analyze current and proposed tax policy changes, evaluate impacts, develop and execute plans accordingly Work with finance and other cross-functional teams to implement and improve end-to-end indirect tax process and procedures to mitigate risks
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance to business and finance functions and provide end-to-end support to enable products/projects go-to-market
- Responsible to legally minimise tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Prepare tax calculations, estimates and reports accruals and purpose partnering with country, regional and corporate finance, tax, legal business, and operations terms
- Manage tax compliance, reporting, and filing works for the Group.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all corporate and VAT/GST returns
- Review current and deferred tax provision
- Liaising with external auditors and tax agents.
- Bachelor of Accounting & Finance or relevant courses of study
- At least 5+ years of related finance/accounting/tax experience (with adequate VAT/GST knowledge).
- IT-savvy with working experience utilizing accounting & ERP software (preferably NetSuite)
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in high pressure environments
- Strong work ethic - systematic and meticulous
- Team player with excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills
- Experience working with companies/ clients in e-commerce
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Vendor Management/ Negotiation skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships
For more details on this position and other opportunities, please refer to our careers page.