Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Secretlab is an international gaming chair brand seating over a million users worldwide, with our key markets in the United States, Europe and Singapore, where we are headquartered.
You will be a valued member in our award-winning Product team, responsible for creating products for consumers across over 50 countries. This dynamic role requires an intense passion for problem-solving through innovative mechanical designs which are feasible for manufacturing.
Our Product team is involved with all Secretlab’s industry-leading designs, including collaborative efforts with world-renowned brands such as Game of Thrones, Batman, Cloud9, Team Secret, as well as international esports organisers such as Riot Games for their League of Legends global tournaments.
- Design innovative concepts to solve & improve on ergonomic & assembly issues.
- Drafting designs in CAD (Solidworks)
- Prototype & test the concepts to verify their functionality, performance & durability.
- Work closely with the design team to develop their ideas into plausible concepts.
- Design For Manufacturing & Assembly (DFX)
- Output all relevant files and documentation for our suppliers(CAD & Engineering Drawings)
- Advise relevant teams on materials & manufacturing processes.
- Work with external engineering consultancies for specialist engineering projects.
- Assist the project managers with the communication of product specifications with our suppliers.
- Assist quality and reliability engineers to identify and propose solutions for product failures.
- Travel to the factory when necessary
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as a mechanical design engineer, preferably in the consumer furniture space.
- High level of proficiency in CAD (Solidworks, pro-e, inventor)
- An expert in a wide range of manufacturing processes and materials
- Extensive first-hand experience working at contract manufacturers and their suppliers
- Very hands on with prototyping and testing
- Have a very creative yet pragmatic approach to design engineering
- Fluent in English & Mandarin (in order to liaise with suppliers)
- Knowledge of our company's industry
- Experience performing design for high-volume manufacturing
- Keen eye for good design
- Prior experience in a relevant industry such as the consumer furniture space
- Based in Singapore but with exposure to international markets
- Flexible hours, annual leaves, etc.