Public Relations Associate
Secretlab is an international gaming chair brand seating over a million users worldwide, with our key markets in the United States, Europe and Singapore, where we are headquartered.
In particular, Secretlab achieved massive worldwide acclaim in 2019, stemming from:
- Our award-winning, industry-leading gaming chairs (named Hardware of the Year)
- Groundbreaking partnerships with the likes of Game of Thrones, Batman, Blizzard’s Overwatch, Riot Games for the global esports tournaments, Valve for its Dota 2 The International 2019 tournaments.
- Rave reviews from international media such as CNET, IGN, PCMag, GamesRadar and Forbes.
As part of our world-class inhouse PR team, you will be tasked with supporting our current team members in refining, pitching and telling the Secretlab story to global media partners and other key opinion leaders—ultimately using your expertise to shape the strategic direction and play a crucial part in the overall branding and perception of the company.
In this role, you will also be required to work closely with other teams, particularly the wider Marketing team to ensure consistent brand messaging across all channels and elevate the Secretlab brand.
- Support the current team in creating and managing opportunities for the Secretlab story to be told across global media publications.
- Update and curate media lists, maintain and strengthen relationships with media outlets.
- Assist with calendar management, scheduling and weekly budget tracking and reporting.
- Support new product, partnership and company launches, events and other major media milestones—this includes event planning, execution and follow up.
- Compile and analyse media coverage reports relating to the company and the industry.
- Stay updated with industry and media developments; monitor trending news, creative ideas and industry’s insights and best practices.
- At least 1-2 year’s experience in professional media relations or public relations.
- Exceptional proficiency in your written and spoken English.
- Strong brand storytelling fundamentals: Are you able to wow an audience with the story of our brand and the success of our products?
- Have strong news judgement and have/is able to build a strong network of relationships with journalists.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, while managing multiple high-profile projects.
- Perfectionist at heart with attention to detail.
- Passion for and knowledge of the gaming and esports industries
- Strong understanding of consumer psychology