Packaging Design Engineer
Secretlab is an international gaming chair brand seating over a million users worldwide, with our key markets in the United States, Europe and Singapore, where we are headquartered.
You will be a valued member in our award-winning Product team, responsible for creating an intuitive and seamless unboxing experience for consumers across over 60 countries. This dynamic role requires an intense passion for problem-solving through creative yet functional designs which ultimately aim to increase the ease of unboxing and assembly of our products.
Our Product team is involved with all of Secretlab’s industry-leading designs, including collaborative efforts with world-renowned brands such as Game of Thrones, Batman, Cloud9, Team Secret, as well as international esports organisers such as Riot Games for their League of Legends global tournaments.
- Research and develop innovative and functional packaging design solutions which will provide consumers with an unparalleled unboxing and assembly experience
- Draft, prototype & test the packaging designs to verify their functionality, performance & durability.
- Output all relevant files and documentation for our suppliers (CAD & Specifications)
- Liaise directly with suppliers, communicating packaging specifications and providing advice on materials & manufacturing processes.
- Conduct research on new packaging materials, techniques or user insights, and subsequently refine our packaging, user manuals and guides, producing a straightforward and intuitive unboxing and assembly experience
- Assist the project managers with the communication of packaging specifications with our suppliers.
- Assist quality and reliability engineers to identify and propose solutions for packaging issues and failures
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Design or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-6 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with exposure to consumer goods/ furniture/ bulky packaging. Applicants with more extensive experiences may also be considered
- An expert in a wide range of manufacturing processes and packaging materials (folding cartons/ corrugated and molded fibers, printing methodologies etc.)
- Extensive first-hand experience working with contract manufacturers and their suppliers
- Very hands on with prototyping and testing
- Have a very creative yet pragmatic approach to design engineering (delivering aesthetically appealing designs without compromising on form and function)
- Knowledge and familiarity with the e sports and gaming industry
- Experience performing design for high-volume manufacturing
- Proficiency in CAD (Solidworks, pro-e, inventor)
- Keen eye for good design
- Prior experience in a relevant industry such as the consumer furniture space