Assistant Manager, Regional Market Sales & Management (Asia)
Secretlab is an international gaming chair brand seating over a million users worldwide, with our key markets in the United States, Europe and Singapore, where we are headquartered.
You will be an Assistant Manager in our Business Development (BD) team, responsible for the management and growth of key markets (Asia). In this role, you will be expected to work closely with in-country partners to drive Secretlab sales on marketplace platforms and identify new opportunities to grow in-country Secretlab brand equity in non-english speaking markets. This role reports to the Regional Market Management & Development Manager.
Our Business Development team is involved with all Secretlab’s D2C growth for non-English speaking markets, including collaborative efforts with world-renowned brands such as Game of Thrones, Batman, Cloud9, Team Secret, as well as international esports organisers such as Riot Games for their League of Legends global tournaments.
- Be the key driver of sales and increased customer lifetime value (CLV) for the assigned markets through various means including (but not limited to):
- Sales planning, Joint Business Planning (JBP) discussions, and negotiations
- Plan & implement data-backed campaign mechanics to drive year-round sales performance
- Manage in-country local partners to execute market strategy
- Activate marketplace tools to increase user engagement, store followers, feed, chat, etc., to drive repeat purchase and higher cart check-out value.
- Gain favourable year-round exposure for marketplace & Mall stores across markets, especially for product launches, high-key, and tactical sales campaigns
- Research and recommend marketplace sales investment (e.g. paid media/ ad spend, sponsorships, giveaways etc.) based on projected sales returns and other KPIs
- Become a subject matter expert for the assigned markets, in the areas of:
- Local market sentiment, buyer demographics, and buy behaviour
- Key competitors’ in-country strategy, business models, sales performance, pin-to-pin analysis
- SKU assortment based on market demand, especially for Special Edition chairs
- Market trends, consumer interests/ sentiment toward our relevant industries, including but not limited to gaming, esports, and pop-culture.
- Support internal marketing and in-country teams in the research, planning and execution of key launches and brand campaigns
- Manage seller centre operations for markets with Amazon as the main point of sales
- Collaborate with the wider Secretlab organization to manage end-to-end in-market operations (e.g. Marketing, Product, Customer Service and Finance)
- Identify new opportunities to grow Secretlab’s online & offline presence outside of key points of sales, for example, brand collaborations, bank partnerships, etc.
- Assist the Regional Market Manager in the planning and executing of new market entries.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, marketing
- At least 3 years’ sales experience in an e-commerce environment (Brand and/or marketplace)
- Strong working knowledge of seller centre operations for marketplaces including but not limited to Lazada, Shopee, Tokopedia, Amazon (good-to-have)
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and extract trends from data
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, while managing multiple projects.
- Any additional language capabilities beyond English, preferred language(s): Thai, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog (for localization of marketing content in Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, or Philippines).
- Passion for and knowledge of the gaming & esports industries
- Strong understanding of consumer psychology
- Experience in working with multiple markets, preferably, non-English speaking.