Secret Location's Digital Preschool division is an empowered product team which values communication, collaboration, and fun. Our primary goal and purpose is to create preschool apps that boost meaningful screen time for children, parents, and caregivers. As part of the larger eOne and Hasbro family, our digital brand portfolio includes the widely popular preschool app World of Peppa Pig, which has claimed the #1 spot in its category in over 20 countries since launch, as well as superhero hit PJ Masks: Hero Academy.
- Works in close daily cooperation with project leads (Lead Developer, Art Directors, Producers, etc.) to scope, prioritize, document, plan, iterate and execute on the project goals and deliverables all while identifying, mitigating and/or resolving blockers.
- As the hands-on developer of all game systems, they are accountable for the technical fidelity, execution, optimization and integration of art and animation.
- Supports the lead developer in early research, development and scoping of projects.
- Works closely with artists and animators to advise and assist with best practices for art implementation.
- Provides clear code annotation and documentation to compliment new systems for non developers to use.
- Comfortable working with external teams remotely to bring final animations and audio to a production level.
- Accurately scope, develop and deliver game components on time and to the highest quality.
- Play a key part of the team in architecting and building out gameplay systems
- Constantly iterating and optimizing their systems to drive performance and world class play experiences.
- Vital to identifying potential performance issues, and optimizing to reduce performance bottlenecks.
- Responsible for the quality of code produced. This will require regular code reviews and architecture reviews at milestones through the course of the project.
- Understanding of proper git management practices and pull requests
- Contribute to some design and brainstorming on new activities.
- 3+ years professional experience in game development
- Professional experience in Android or iOS development
- Working knowledge of Unity3d.
- Fluent in C# and/or 1-3 years working in C#
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and provide technical solutions & recommendations
- A personal passion for staying on top of new technologies, game trends and discovering ways for implementation.
- Experience working with a CMS.
- Experience working on cross platform mobile applications
- Close friends with low-level graphical APIs, multithreading, resource management, memory and graphic optimization issues.
- Experience with Unity3d tools development
- 6 months (potential to extend), 40 hours a week.