(Closed) Web Developer - Front-End
Scuf Gaming is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. This software engineer for web will be focused on bringing rich, interactive experiences to life on the web across mobile, desktop, and tablet browsers. Our Web Developer must be a perpetual problem solver and creative technical thinker who can bring ideas to life and grow our digital commerce business. The experiences built will range from branded content-focused campaign experiences to community-driven tools and services. The ideal candidate will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides defining how scufgaming.com looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features for customer-facing mobile and desktop web e-commerce applications
- Leverage frameworks and build reusable code and libraries for future use such as jQuery, Knockout, React, LESS, and others to architect dynamic experiences
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders, including Visual Designers and Experience Designers to adapt their designs to code
- Implement responsive web design principles to ensure that our company website renders well across multiple devices
- Maintain and improve company website
- Keep abreast of latest and emerging technologies
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- Utilize wireframing tools such as Adobe XD to export images and gather font sizes, padding, etc
- 3+ years of experience in a related role
- Experience with agile methodology and working within Jira or similar software task management solutions
- Experience working directly with creative and design disciplines
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application adhere to them, optimizing code to be SEO-friendly and WCAG accessibility compliant
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, and understands processes and practices for branching, pull requests, merging, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful API best practices and managing asynchronous data
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Sketch, XD to review designs and export assets, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices
- Experience with responsive design strongly preferred
- Ecommerce & Magento 2 experience a plus
- Clear and concise English skills, both written and verbal
- Available to work daily in our Suwanee, GA office
Scuf Gaming offers competitive wages and benefits, including a relaxed and casual work environment. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer who participates in eVerify.