(Closed) UX Strategist/UX Designer
Do you remap experiences in your head when online shopping? Are your constantly waking from a deep sleep shouting “the user journey should be fully optimized!” in the middle of the night? When daydreaming, do you hope for a future where interaction design and fluency in web and mobile frameworks are both intuitive and simplified? We’re looking for someone who can check all these boxes and more. Someone who considers themselves both UX strategist and Designer, but also has a strong, yet healthy obsession with videogames. In this role you’ll be lending your UX skills to craft journey maps, page flows, interactive task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design mock-ups. Goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway, you’ll be working alongside with all our departments: Marketing, Sales, Product Management, and Technology to push digital materials over the finish line and help evolve ScufGaming.com.
UX Designer And Strategist Responsibilities
- Champion principles of usability and user-centered design
- Steward proper branding and style guidance
- Work directly with project teams to gather requirements from user research, stakeholder interviews, competitive analysis, etc.
- Develop user flows, journey maps, page flows, wireframes, and sitemaps
- Develop visually rich mock-ups and UI assets in accordance with style guide standards
- Revise and improve designs based on user feedback, research, technical constraints, and business decisions
UX Designer And Strategist Requirements
- Creative and strategic thinker able to develop innovative solutions to problems and leading-edge design
- Experience providing art direction and exceptional presentation abilities, both verbal and visual
- Proven knowledge of web-based application design trends, patterns, usability, technical considerations and best practices
- Advanced experience with toolset (Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Axure)
- Experience working on Mobile and Desktop experiences, both in native and web-based experiences
- Secure understanding of responsive web design principles and Mobile First methodology
- Agile certification or comparable experience working in an Agile environment
- Certified Usability Analyst certification a plus, experience designing in SharePoint a plus
- BS/BA in Graphic Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or similar fields
Scuf Gaming®, global leader and innovator in esports and winner of eSports Industry Awards “Best Hardware Award” for 2016, provides tactical gear for elite gamers where over 90% of the top professional gamers in the world use SCUF.
Selling high-performance customized gaming controllers and accessories for PC and console, SCUF offers a number of functional and design features custom built to increase hand use and improve gameplay. Built to specification, SCUF controllers cater for competitive and casual gamers who recognize that one size does not fit all.
Today, SCUF Gaming’s® innovations are covered by more than 90 granted patents and designs, and another 50+ pending patent applications that protect 4 key areas: back control functions, trigger control mechanisms, thumbstick control area and handles, and side action controls.
Scuf Gaming is the official controller partner of major gaming leagues, including CWL, MLG, ESL, UMG, Gfinity and EGL. With operations and production in North America and Europe, Scuf Gaming also provides a variety of accessories and apparel specifically designed for elite gamers.