Scuf Gaming, the world’s leader in competitive gaming controllers is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will help support our manufacturing process by working autonomously to create workable engineering solutions.
Our Mechanical Engineer will communicate across the business globally both with Product team locally and R&D team in the UK.
- To develop plastic, metal and injection molded solutions for current and new R&D projects
- Provide new product concepts and ergonomic design ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within a team of externally contracted engineers and manufacturing staff based predominantly in the United States.
- The ability to work autonomously within fast-paced environment.
- Utilize CAD tools to design and analyze parts and assemblies
- Select materials and subcomponents for inclusion in the designed components
- Prepare design documents to describe the designed components sufficient to procure or manufacture the component
- Compile and perform tests on designed components & systems
- Perform failure analysis of products and generate reports
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components, such as, tools, jigs and fixtures for use in assembly
- Able to troubleshoot complex mechanical problems
- Expert in the use of standard and specialized tools associated with Mechanical Engineering
- Exhibits creativity and initiative
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience, plus a Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred, or equivalent
- Prior work experience in injection molded parts and various plastics essential
- Experience in CAD, SolidWorks experience essential
- Experience in 3D printing preferred
- Experience in CNC machining preferred
- Experience in product life cycle from initial product design to obsolescence
- Demonstrated knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing assembly and distribution of goods
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with cross-cultural teams effectively
- Proven ability to manipulate and analyze data using Microsoft Excel (using pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Proven ability to initiate, organize and prioritize tasks