E-Commerce Demand Planner
The eCommerce Demand Planner is responsible for collecting all quantitative and qualitative data and creating merchandising plans, product forecasts & maintaining projections for SCUF’s entire product set. They will help manage inventory level and flow of goods to achieve sales targets, while providing category and product level plans that align with the marketing calendar. While this is a cross-functional role, the focus of this candidate will be to manage the merchandising & sell-through of inventory on scufgaming.com within the marketing organization.
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Creates merchandising and seasonal pricing strategies for all product lines, partnering with merchants to grow sales & margin, and optimize inventory.
- Provide accurate forecasting & management of markdowns, sales & promotions, tracking regular price vs clearance volumes.
- Publish weekly business reporting for marketing team at the category and product level, providing expert analysis on gaming industry trends with recommendations.
- Actively plan product assortment levels for new product launches as well as the phasing out of last-gen models.
- Align inventory buy to key consumption periods, website changes & brand collaborations, aligning historical sales data to promotional & brand calendars.
- Forecast sales, margin and inventory turn by month, at a brand level and communicate business performance.
- Develop data-driven, high quality analysis of demand in order to generate a high quality forecast at multiple levels of aggregation for 12-18 month time horizon for multiple product families
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, develop statistical analysis of market trends, promo and event related analysis
- Have ownership of the forecast data, report generation and management. Be proactive in identifying gaps in monthly and quarterly forecast, especially as it relates to sell thru trends, channel inventory.
- Contribute in managing product lifecycles by collaborating with cross-functional teams in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product transitions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- E-commerce experience is a must. This role must have had experience with managing D2C sales and inventory within a marketing context.
- Strong analytical skills, experience with large data sets and data analysis including financial scenario analysis – must have amazing excel skills! (vlookups, if statements, macros, dashboards)
- Self-motivated, comfortable working with ambiguity and managing complexity in a global, fast-paced organization
- Aptitude for blending quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven ability to track and manage ongoing activities within a project
- Excellent English communication skills - both verbal & written
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
- Independent self-starter who can handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of SQL, MongoDB queries
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Merchandising, Marketing or related disciplines or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4+ years of data analytics/demand planning/forecasting experience and with demonstrated success
- Experience using Oracle R12, Power BI a plus
- Gaming peripherals & consumer electronics experience is a plus