Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit scopely.com.
Do you love mobile games? Are you curious about what motivates players in mobile games and do you have the drive to find the answers? Do you enjoy guiding teams with in-depth insights? Can you express the value of good UX and convince others of its importance? This is the research position you’ve been looking for!
Scopely is looking for a user experience researcher to join our Research & Insights team. The User Researcher will be responsible for developing & conducting impactful research and delivering player and market insights that will help improve the quality and consumer relevance of our games.
What will you do?
- Oversee research on mobile games across their lifespan to drive greater understanding of our players and their experiences
- Design, implement and lead high-impact quantitative and qualitative research to support a number of cross-functional teams, including game design, UX design, product management, production, and marketing
- Manage in-house usability research, including screener design, recruiting, script development, moderating, analysis, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Manage quantitative research studies (e.g. consumer satisfaction surveys, research on game features and events, etc.), including survey development, data analysis, report creation, and presenting findings to stakeholders
- Guide game development teams’ efforts based on player feedback
- Partner with designers to generate solutions to identified issues
- Collaborate with fellow researchers about new research techniques and methodologies
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/Masters/Ph.D. preferred
- 2+ years of industry experience conducting research in mobile gaming space or a related field
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research & analysis
- Experience designing and conducting survey research & usability research/playtests
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable product improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to build relationships that allow you to influence cross-functional teams
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a drive to answer complex questions
- A passion for games (familiarity with mobile games required)
- Competency with SPSS, Tableau, or other analytics software packages a plus
- Familiarity with online survey software tools (e.g. Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics) and/or remote user testing platforms (e.g. Playtest Cloud, UserZoom, Usertesting.com) a plus
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.