UI / UX Artist
Scopely Barcelona is looking for a talented and experienced Senior UI/UX artist who is excited to drive the design of amazing user interfaces for our players. If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Scopely, we would love to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate will work closely with designers, art leads and technical artists to design, conceptualise, and previsualise user interfaces for gameplay features and systems. Shaping the game’s visual language by providing players with intuitive ways to interact with its various features and systems.
What will you do:
- Work closely with product, design and art leads to establish a consistent visual identity and language
- Create UI artwork to support proposed UI interaction models
- Design and implement user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX that convey and achieve the target user experience
- Collaborate with engineers and technical artists to carry designs from concept into final implementation
- Work with art leads to design new icons, borders, frames, and UI elements to match art style
- Apply and maintain a unified user flow throughout gameplay systems and features
- Iterate using player and team feedback to optimise for simplicity, comprehension, and function
- Collaborate with design, product and art leadership to improve and evolve the current UI/UX to broaden the appeal of the franchise
What will you need:
- Extensive experience working as a UI artist/designer in gaming, mobile gaming or interaction design field
- Experience designing and implementing UI artwork for mobile games
- Understand core challenges of mobile UI from an artistic and technical perspective
- Proficient with Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects
- Strong visual design skills and understanding of usability design principles
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Implementation of UI screens in a Unity-based game client.
- Experience in new mobile game development, with shipped titles
- Experience in live operating an already launched title, and evolving its UI/UX
- Experience in cross-studio collaboration
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UI/UX skills required
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.