Software Engineer - Fullstack
At Scopely we are searching for a driven Senior Fullstack Engineer to join the game platform team in Barcelona.
We’re looking for a skilled engineer with a passion for frontend development and some full-stack chops to boot. Someone who loves solving challenges for our users and wants to be a major factor in the success of our games. This role is for someone who is user focused and business outcome focused, and can communicate effectively with non-technical users and translate that to frontend code.
As part of the game platform, you will join a great team of engineers who provide technology to help studios build and operate games faster and better. Scopely’s slate of live and future titles are built on a common technology platform, which enables the business to scale to millions of DAU, provides powerful tools to manage and operate the live games, and accelerates development.
With over 100M+ users across seven #1 mobile games, a career at Scopely offers countless ways to have a huge impact with a small and collaborative team of engineers. Our team at Scopely is building systems to support millions of players in dozens of top mobile games, helping us understand how to improve each title and the in-game experience of each player. We enjoy challenging work, but try to find simple solutions. When you join our growing team, you can expect to own your work from ideation and product definition through production deployment and continued feature maturation. We’re looking for people who take pride in their work and seeing it impact real people.
What you will do:
- Design and build game management capabilities which have an immediate impact on all of our game development teams, our live operations teams, our marketing teams and our players.
- Provide a world-class UX to our web tools, unlocking the vast capabilities of our platform to our users.
- Last but not least... you will join a small, growing team that supports a diverse range of game genres and studios, solving far reaching challenges across the full technology stack.
What you need:
- 3-5+ years of frontend web development experience
- Deep understanding of HTML and CSS and experience with preprocessors (LESS, SASS)
- Experience designing and implementing user-centric frontend interfaces for large scale web applications
- Strong computer science and engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms)
- Experience with Java, C# or another OO language, including asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms
Other helpful skill areas:
- Hands-on experience with and understanding of AWS services (EC2, SQS, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, etc)
- Unity game engine tools and/or plugins development
- Familiarity and experience with high-velocity continuous delivery practices
Go for it and apply, we are seeking talented and driven engineers at all levels, from junior on up!
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions 2019, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. With global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona and Dublin (DIGIT Games Studios), and additional studios in seven countries across four continents, Scopely has raised more than $250 million in financing from global entertainment and technology investors.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.