Our engineering team in the Barcelona Studio is rapidly growing and looking to add amazing engineers to our Server team. In this team you will drive the server engineering work needed to develop new features played by millions of users per day. The successful candidate has good interpersonal skills, is open about progress and issues, and hungry to learn from other members of the team.
What you will do:
- Design, develop and deploy server-side features and APIs for Scopely's multi-million user games.
- Implement services that often generate significant revenue impact for the company. Examples include matchmaking, tournaments, in-app purchasing conduits, etc
- Ensure that Scopely's games and services maintain high uptime (“three nines”) and low latency (sub 100 and sub 50 millisecond latency).
- Build, maintain and continuously improve our infrastructure systems based on AWS: Redis, DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, AutoScaling, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Collaborate with a team of client and server engineers to build complex features with client-server interaction
What you will need:
- Experience working closely with product representatives to build and improve the game features that our users are demanding
- Experience designing and building reliable and fault tolerant, yet simple and easy to operate applications and systems
- Expertise in one of more of the following languages: Java, C#, Golang, Python or PHP (we use C# on the server, but many of our engineers had background in other languages)
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other similar techniques to improve application throughput
- Real, hands-on experience building massively scalable server side systems
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, specifically, but not limited to, AWS
- Understanding and have worked with different database technologies (database tuning, query optimization, NoSQL data modelling), caching solutions, and queue technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of instrumentation and monitoring techniques and technologies (like statsd, DataDog, Grafana, etc.)
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.