Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Technical Artist who is excited to be responsible for improving the art pipeline and empowering artists in creating outstanding features with an optimized footprint. If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Scopely, we would love to hear from you!
You will be working closely with our engineering leads and UI artists on the development of one of our top casual games, which is being developed in Unity. You will review that technical implementation of art into the game is optimal. Your role will impact the speed and quality in which teams make new features by empowering artists with improved efficiencies, tools, and pipelines.
- Train and support UI artists in implementing game art into Unity accurately, optimally and at the highest possible visual quality
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regards to asset performance and validation
- Create Art Technical Design Documents to plan feature design implementation into Unity
- Proactively identify and solve challenging technical issues in the asset pipeline
- Create art pipeline tools to facilitate art creation and art validation
- Constantly look for optimizations in memory usage, draw calls, polygon count, texture compression, target frame rates and other technical limitations
- Communicate with art outsourcers to share technology and best practices
- Serve as an ambassador between the Art and Engineering Departments to ensure that all Art tech needs are met and core Engineering practices are represented
- Expert using Unity game engine, particularly in texture atlasing, asset exporting/importing, optimizations, and efficient pipeline creation
- Expert with Unity UGUI/UI Images/Legacy Animations
- Strong 3D asset pipeline and creation skills using Maya or 3dsMax
- Strong in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience creating/modifying C# components
- Experience creating shaders and particles in Unity
- Experience creating tools to improve art pipeline
- Must have launched at least one mobile game on Android and iOS
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.