Senior System Administrator
This Senior System Administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Scopely’s critical enterprise applications and infrastructure while partnering and interfacing with engineering and business teams. Qualities of this role are strong service delivery, business enablement, and automation.
What you will do:
- Provision, manage, and optimize enterprise application workloads. Automate environment deployments building and supporting highly available and multisite environments
- Managed, enhance, and upgrade cloud-based applications that support critical business functions, including plug-ins and API integrations
- Provision highly available and redundant AWS environments in support of enterprise applications
- Optimize existing environments including on-prem VMware ESXi
- Develop strategies for minimally disruptive cloud migration
- Network deployments with vendor support
- Lead complex System Administration tasks and IT Infrastructure projects to successful completion.
- Perform/oversee daily system monitoring; verify the integrity and availability of all IT Infrastructure, systems, and critical IT processes.
- Web site host support and performance monitoring
- Develop scripts to automate routinely executed jobs to gain efficiency in day to day operations
- Define and document system run books and operating procedures
- Creates detailed test plans that incorporate mitigations for project risks and inputs from prior lessons learned
What you will need:
- 7+ years of experience in Systems Administration.
- Advanced experience deploying and managing enterprise workloads on AWS.
- Experience with Okta implementation and app integrations within Okta.
- Hands-on experience with repetitive-task automation experience via scripting (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash/Shell, etc.).
- Understanding of containers and microservices
- Windows and Linux Server Administration proficiency.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of networking and information security.
- Strong understanding of HA/DR best practices
- Must have a firm grasp of computer security (e.g., firewalls and intrusion detection systems, AWS VPC / Security Groups, etc.)
- Familiarity with core business applications such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack
- Familiarity with developer tools such as Github, GitLab, Jenkins
- Familiarity with Apple developer and certificate management
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Robust analytical skills with
- Technical writing include data flow, architectural and sequence diagrams
- Ability to plan and execute projects of various complexity
- One of the following Certifications a plus:
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional Certification.
- AWS SysOps Administrator Associate or Professional Certification.
- AWS DevOps Engineer Professional
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.