Senior Software Engineer - Rendering & Systems
The rendering and systems engineer will build and support client systems related to rendering, performance, and art pipelines. They will help ensure that the game is meeting its performance targets while enabling the dev team to efficiently release content and features.
What you will do:
- Create and improve front end systems
- Build and maintain tools to support performance and rendering improvements
- Engage with other feature owners on the team – production, art, design, QA, and product management.
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile environment.
What you will need:
- Experience programming systems using C++ and/or C#
- Strong CS fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Strong skills in trigonometry and vector math
- Solid debugging, optimization, and problem solving skills
- Understanding of hardware architecture and its impact on system design
- Experience with working in other people’s code and adhering to coding principles
- Accurate time and schedule management
- Self-motivated, proactive and engaged attitude towards the project
- Understanding of Unity’s architecture
- Knowledge of OpenGL, Metal, Vulkan, or Direct3D
- Experience with AI/pathfinding, physics, animation, and audio
- Experience with build/test automation
- Understanding of client/server architectures
- Experience developing for iOS / Android
- Knowledge of building games as a service
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.