Senior Site Reliability Engineer - AWS - Infrastructure as Code
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will build and support the infrastructure for our slate of mobile, pc, and console games. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will help ensure the dev team is working at full efficiency during production and to maintain maximum uptime, stability, and performance as our games go live.
If you’re thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. You’ll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Marvel Strike Force, This Means War, Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, and Empires & Allies.
What you will do:
- Contribute to team ownership of infrastructure for multiple franchise titles deployed across cloud providers
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines, tools, and automation
- Manage and configure monitoring for systems spanning internal and external customers
- Identify and debug performance bottlenecks
- Constantly strive to improve cloud infrastructure scalability, reliability, and cost efficiency
- Work closely with team members in a collaborative, agile, small team environment
What you will need:
- 3+ years of work experience in a DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or similar role.
- Strong Linux Skills
- Broad AWS knowledge
- Experience implementing and maintaining Configuration Management (CM)
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Proficient in one or more high-level/administrative language
- Well-versed in the TCP/IP network and the associated debugging, profiling, security and optimization techniques
- Experience maintaining a production database deployment
- Professional experience with software development and its best practices in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent communication skills, experience working with cross-functional stakeholders of all levels of technical proficiency to gather information and requirements, discuss project status, and provide feedback as needed
- A positive, proactive, self-motivated, and engaged attitude
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- RabbitMQ or similar
- Game Industry Experience
- Familiar with mobile development on iOS and Android hardware
- Enjoys playing mobile/console/pc games
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.