Senior Manager, Corporate Brand & Communications (EMEA)
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning games including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, and YAHTZEE® With Buddies among others. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform, Playgami, that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin, London, Los Angeles, Seol, Seville, Shanghai and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is seeking an EMEA communications and corporate brand manager to manage and execute a broad range of internal and external communications functions across a rapidly growing global organization to: raise the profile of the Scopely business as well as keep employees connected to Scopely’s goals and values.
Responsibilities include corporate brand strategy, corporate social media, executive engagement, product/game publicity, media relations, content creation, internal culture and communications initiatives, and select events. Internally, we aim to execute communications programs that empower employees with a deeper understanding of our business and facilitate more connections with leadership. Externally, we aim to find creative ways to tell the Scopely story across platforms.
The EMEA Communications role will be part of the Publishing organization, which includes a dynamic mix of teams across marketing, user acquisition and research, creative services, distribution, strategic partnerships, business affairs, advertising and business development. The role will work cross-functionally across the leadership and product teams to devise communications materials and campaigns for both Scopely and our games.
An ideal candidate should have a passion for storytelling, strong attention to detail and the ability to lead through influence. Scopely has EMEA offices in Barcelona, Seville, London and Dublin.
What you will do:
- External: Overall, strategize and execute creative ways to build Scopely’s corporate, executive and game slate profiles in the EMEA market
- Strategize and secure corporate and game media placements with EMEA press
- Work collaboratively with PR agencies across the globe to identify new trends, publications and contacts for story development
- Further build our EMEA media relationships across industries, e.g., games, entertainment, tech, business, etc.
- Strategize and execute robust corporate social media plans and content across platforms - either for Scopely globally or with a region-specific focus
- Strategize and create highly differentiated thought leadership content, translating complicated concepts into clear, compelling language for audiences ranging from key stakeholders to EMEA media to consumers
- Internal: Overall, proactively collaborate, conceptualize and execute strategic internal communications for Scopely’s global employee base of 1000+ (and growing), specifically overa 500+ EMEA based employees across Barcelona, Seville, London and Dublin
- Drive, in collaboration with key stakeholders, our global brand identity including our shared vision and culture tenets/values to ensure we are One Scopely
- Strategize and manage global internal communications forums such as All-Hands meetings, newsletters, global Intranet, etc.
- Develop and maintain internal communications materials including corporate presentations, scripts, talking points and executive perspectives specifically for the EMEA market
- Serve as a steward of our EMEA + One Scopely global culture by maintaining consistent transparency, voice and tone across all communications and channels
- Collaborate with People team/HR on employee engagement programs that help facilitate knowledge-sharing between leadership and employees at all levels
What you will need:
- 5+ years of communications experience -- deep knowledge of the media, entertainment and/or consumer tech space; direct internal communications experience a plus
- Ability to fluently speak Spanish; additional languages a plus
- Strong EMEA media relationships, especially with UK business journalists
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a related discipline preferred; Master's degree welcomed
- An understanding of tech and entertainment trends, games fan a plus
- Highly proactive and creative – able to create “reasons to write” for press without having an announcement as a hook
- Extremely innovative and nimble – able to execute creatively without extended resources
- Deep sense of accountability and responsibility for executing in an ambiguous environment; ability to multitask and stay on top of multiple projects at once
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including editing and copywriting – preferably experience scripting executives
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels, direct experience working with a range of executive levels
- Excellent collaborator who can gain consensus and execute solution-driven results
- Passion for creating great experiences and creating/pitching new ideas to the team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented, entrepreneurial environment
- Basic visual communications skills
- Intellectual curiosity
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.