Senior Game Designer
We’re looking for a senior designer for a new cross-platform Strategy MMORPG project with an original IP and world.
The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to act as an owner for several elements of the game design as well as contribute cross-functionally across the entire project.
The project is in the early stages, but the game has funding and will enter the pre-production phase in the coming months. This senior game designer role will have the opportunity to help establish the fundamentals of the game.
What You Will Do:
- Own several elements of the game
- Contribute opinions and ideas to all elements of the game
- Work cross-functionally with other designers, art, engineering, production, audio, QA, community and any other necessary teams
- Create and maintain design documentation as needed
- To everything within your power to ensure the ultimate boss, the players, love the game
What You Will Need:
The candidate must have experience as a design owner in several of the following categories of design:
- Character Design
- Level Design
- Combatant / Combat System Design
- RPG / Progression Design
- Community Development / Interaction
- Monetization / Economy Design
- Strategy / Metagame / Balance Design
- Quest / Mission / Achievement Design
- World / Setting Design
- Technical Design
- The candidate must be a master communicator, able to listen, gather feedback and apply that feedback efficiently and effectively
- The candidate must be a passionate consumer of games that fit within the RPG, Strategy or MMO category.
- The candidate must be able to both act independently and work collaboratively within teams.
- Reports To: Creative Director
- Start Date: ASAP
- Seniority level: Senior level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Design
- Industries: Entertainment Computer Games
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.