Senior Brand Manager – Mobile Games
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents.
As a brand leader you will help our narrative driven match 3 decoration game Tuscany Villa become a globally loved brand among our target audience, through compelling marketing and brand development. In this role you will not only help establish the brand’s values and pillars, but also help drive the consumer advertising, brand creative, and word of mouth marketing for our fast growing game. You will join the studio’s growth team and partner with User Acquisition to deliver hands-on management of creative execution, acquisition strategies, and promotion, that drives consumer awareness, interest, and conversion.
This is a pivotal role in driving the success of Scopely’s puzzle games division, and as a senior marketer you will report directly into the Head of Growth. Your contribution will help Scopely’s meteoric rise to becoming one of the leading mobile game companies in the world!
What will you do?
- Develop our brand strategy for Tuscany Villa, defining the brand positioning, values, tone of voice, and key pillars that will allow our products and content to resonate.
- Build together with the Head of Growth an ambitious Go to Market plan for Tuscany Villa and future games, including TV campaigns and other ATL or BTL campaigns.
- Write creative briefs for internal and external creative teams to ensure we produce best in class creative consistent across all channels and resonate with consumers - including UA creative, trailers, viral content, and talent/influencer.
- Review, provide feedback, and approve advertising, app store, and marketing creative. Work closely with the User Acquisition team on continuously ideating and testing the most effective performance advertising campaigns that are both on brand and deliver excellent KPIs.
- A leader in driving integrated launches and ongoing marketing plans for each game in partnership with other team members, across performance marketing, social acquisition, TV and Mass Media, PR, influencers, promotions, and community functions.
- As a key member of the growth team support day to day marketing relationship with product development teams and central marketing teams.
- Identify brands, products, influencers or spokespeople that highly correlate with our audience which could become potential partners for marketing activities.
What you need?
- Be a humble yet ambitious and creative marketer, with a passion for entertainment products, who can operate both autonomously and work within a team.
- 5+ years of consumer marketing experience, preferably in gaming or entertainment.
- Experience working with mass IP entertainment brands: film, TV, lifestyle or game brands. Experience with casual games is a plus.
- Strong experience in developing/driving impactful creative campaigns, and excellent creative and aesthetic judgement.
- Experience in digital advertising and marketing. Experience in mobile user acquisition advertising is a bonus.
- A KPI and results oriented person, who understands the business goals and how our audience play a part in reaching them.
- Native or fluent English speaker, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys playing casual mobile games with a critical eye.