Senior 3D Animator
Scopely is looking for a talented Senior 3D animator to join our growing Marketing Creative Services team in Barcelona. You will work on the leading mobile RPG game Marvel Strike Force, WWE Champions, Looney Toons Mayhem and more Scopely games.
If you are a skilled 3D animator with an excellent knowledge of animation principles, body mechanics, and a sense of storytelling combined with a passion for SuperHeroes, WWE Superstars, comics and cartoons this position is for you!
You must have experience animating stylized, cartoon and realistic characters as well as vehicles and special effects. You have an in-depth knowledge of the Marvel universe from both movies and comics, you love fantasy and entertainment brands, excel at problem-solving and enjoy working collaboratively with a multi-skilled creative team where your knowledge can spread.
What you will do:
- Execute high-quality animation with Maya for use in game advertising, trailers, and social creative.
- Build facial and body animation of character in both cartoony and realistic styles.
- Collaborate with the creative team in brainstorms, ideations, storyboards and/or animatics to illustrate ideas before production.
- Work with an attention to detail attitude in a constructive cross-feedback environment.
- Direct animation-driven ads
- Mentor junior and mid-level animators.
What you will need:
- Minimum 8 years entertainment, advertising, or game animation experience or related animation industry experience.
- Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Strong understanding of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- A good sense of story-telling and understanding of cinematic language, camera terminology, layout, and timing.
- Complete control of Autodesk Maya tools.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Collaborative and organized mindset, teamplayer.
- Enjoys collaborating with designers, lighter, video editors and motion designers to deliver great advertising and marketing creative.
Nice to have:
- 3D Modelling and/or illustration skills.
- Experience with Unity or other real time engines.
- Experience in creating User Acquisition ads and game trailers
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status. Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.