(Closed) Quality Assurance Lead
Scopely is looking for a QA Lead to join our team ensuring quality for upcoming releases that feature amazing game design and art in the Marvel Universe. In this role, you will work closely with project leadership defining areas of test and formulating test strategies. Engage and task appropriate resources to accomplish a holistic test approach. Mentor junior staff. Assign work to other team members as needed and define workflows for release periods. Identify potential risks to release and work with leadership to resolve. The ideal candidate will work closely with development to gather requirements or resolve questions, track and identify issues in design or early development.
This role may call on you to oversee other Testers/Analysts with some management responsibilities. You will collaborate with cross-functional QA, Engineering, Product and Central QA, including outsourced Testers. Additionally, this role is expected to create and maintain test cases and other various QA documentation. This role reports into Central QA Operations.
The Quality Assurance organization is being built on a culture of teamwork, customer advocacy, and problem solving. As a QA Lead, the work you do will live at the very heart of this philosophy. We are looking for a person that enjoys working in a group setting; who loves guiding test teams, and whose experience in collaborative software environments has reinforced the value of communications, empathy, and knowledge sharing.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain test plans and assignments for every deliverable build across the project
- Gather and analyze test data and provide reports for the project team; track bugs and issues through Jira
- Prepare test systems to support development and playtesting in studio
- Create release roadmaps and sign-off on final submission reports for launches and major releases.
What you will need:
- 8 years of software or games experience with 3 years of Lead experience testing games on mobile platforms
- Strong understanding of game/software development cycles
- Strong problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and bug tracking tools like Jira
- Experience in test automation and tools
- Experience with CI/CD process and technologies (e.g. Jenkins or equivalent)
- Knowledge of versioning systems like GitHub, Perforce, etc
- Passion for games and the gaming industry.
- College degree preferred
- Passion for MARVEL property is a bonus
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.