Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions 2019, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. With global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona and Dublin (DIGIT Games Studios), and additional studios in seven countries across four continents, Scopely has raised more than $250 million in financing from global entertainment and technology investors.
Are you a Data Analyst experienced with SQL and Tableau interested in impacting business decisions with data-driven insights and recommendations? Are you a BI Analyst with experience in mobile and/or game data interested in an opportunity to fully own the analytics piece?
Scopely is the leading mobile touch-screen entertainment startup in LA and Barcelona and we are looking for Data & BI Analysts with strong SQL and analytics experience to join our team in Barcelona. You should be a rare breed of business-savvy and analytics powerhouse capable of digging into terabytes of player, revenue, marketing and game data to understand user behavior and player experience.
This Analyst will have a strong impact in influencing Product Managers and Senior Executives with their insightful analysis of complex and large-scale data problems.
This position is located in Barcelona, Spain.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the analytics function by analyzing large, complex data sets representing the behavior of millions of online and mobile game players to address strategic and operational business questions
- Own the insights to drive the needle moving improvements by working with all organization from engineering to marketing
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure data influences decisions at all levels
- Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions from mobile / game data to shape features, game economies and future product roadmaps
- Present your findings to a cross functional team members in a presentation setting
What You Will Need:
- Intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, hard-working and a good business intuition are musts!
- Five or more years experience at a top-tier institution or firm in an analysis, scientific, research or consulting role
- Strong presentation skills; ability to communicate complex results throughout an organization
- Passion and experience with small team leadership
- Critical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Working knowledge of SQL and comfort working in large data sets – exposure with Hive or Impala a plus
- Python/R experience a plus
- B.S. (graduate degree a plus) from a top institution in a quantitative or scientific field (Math/Stats, Economics, CS, Engineering, Physics, Psychology or similar)
- A love or strong desire to work with mobile / games
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.