(Closed) Narrative Designer
Genjoy, a Scopely Studio in Sevilla
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Genjoy, a Scopely studio is the proud creator of Tuscany Villa, a beautiful narrative driven decoration & match 3 puzzle game that whisks players off to the heart of Italy on a Mediterranean adventure! As one of Scopely’s key fully owned studios, together we are quickly turning our chart topping hit into a global success!
As a Narrative Designer you will have a major role in the crafting of game story and narrative experiences for one or more game titles. You’ll be in charge of defining the structure of the game narrative, describing different environments, characters and activities within the game.
You’re an experienced veteran of the interactive space; creating fascinating characters that players really care about, developing the structure of the narrative and defining areas, characters and activities within the game. In every aspect of the narrative experience, from simple daily quests to creating a structure for a season of episodes, you know how to create an impactful story that guides the player’s emotional journey through the game.
You’re also an exceptional collaborator, and you love a lively story planning brainstorm. You know how to bring out the best in everyone during a discussion, maintaining a balance between leading and facilitating.
What you will do:
- Designing rich and entertaining interactive stories that fit well within an existing game world.
- Proposing improvements for narrative content based on analytical data.
- Collaborating in story planning and scriptwriting with other game writers.
- Gathering, acknowledging and responding to internal feedback; adjusting the game design as necessary.
- Maintaining fluent communication with team members of other disciplines, such as producers, coders and artists.
What you will need:
- Experience as narrative designer (Preferred genres: Interactive / Branching stories, Romance, Adventure).
- A deep understanding of the current mobile/social landscape, especially the casual mobile F2P audience.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Fluent in Spanish (written and spoken).
- Experience working in Unity.
- A positive and collaborative work style.
- Experience writing narrative with a female protagonist.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.