Lead Product Manager
Are you passionate about taking a world-renowned, top grossing franchise to the next level by developing new, best in class features and evolving gameplay experiences that are compelling, appealing, and inherently social?
Scopely is looking for an industry expert who is intimately aware of game KPIs and possesses a deep understanding of the systems and mechanics that move metrics. Working closely with our Director of Product based in Barcelona, you will help to drive the entire feature lifecycle from the initial design phase through live-game optimization. You will do that by leading an all-star team of product managers in the creation of features with cross-functional teams, culminating in genre defining outcomes.
Combining product thinking, deep understanding of our players, analytical rigor, creative vision and executional excellence, this will be an opportunity to put your stamp on the future of social and mobile gaming.
What you will do:
- Help define the long term vision of the game and feature roadmap. Work with the leadership team to hit aggressive targets to optimize lifetime value of the player base.
- Leverage player feedback and game data to inform roadmap and feature design solutions. Use competitive market research to identify future opportunities and feature best practices
- Be the main driver of product features from inception to feature release / post release:
- Transform high-level opportunities into concrete and well thought out feature designs:
- Produce and update game specs that contain the right level of detail while staying concise and easy to understand by the whole team
- Ensuring designs meet the player’s needs, the franchise strategy and the business goals
- Guiding and leading feature iteration with the feature team and discipline experts
- Work closely with UX/UI designers, technical artists, engineers and producers to build best-in-class product features
- Provide any implementation details to engineers
- Provide feature feedback frequently and timely
- Manage and develop a team of talented Product Managers who will be driving their product features. Support the team on the most innovative and challenging product challenges.
- Help identify inefficiencies and provide long term solutions in our feature development process and live operation process & tooling to further drive operational excellence
What you will need:
- Passion for creating great games and addictive user experiences
- Extensive experience leading a PM function in social or mobile F2P games, ideally managing a live game with strong Social / PvP elements.
- Experience managing and training a team of PMs or Game Designers
- Communication: strong verbal & written communication skills. Able to articulate the “why” instead of just the “how” and “what” to drive team-wide alignment on product vision.
- Project Management: able to deploy resources against highest impact initiatives, understand tradeoffs, anticipate & mitigate risks from afar, manage people's expectations & maintain a high quality of deliverables.
- Design: Able to create & design experiences that shape positive player behaviors. Ability to effectively balance the needs of technology, business, and user experience.
- Quantitative Capability: intermediate business statistics knowledge, know when to use and not to use data, able to translate product problems into analytics problems, set expectations, develop and test hypotheses, interpret data in a meaningful and actionable way, and manipulate and visualize data in excel (sql is a plus).
- Leadership: Engage and inspire team members to deliver the best-quality product possible.
- High intellectual horsepower
- Critical, analytical, and creative thinker
- Strong in execution and outcome driven
- Growth minded and low ego
- Driven & entrepreneurial
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice