Global Director of QA Automation Engineering
The Director of QA Automation Engineering will shape the future on how we continue to iterate and evolve our products at a high level while ensuring a quality product delights our users release after release
- Lead an ambitious and continuously growing QA Automation Engineering Program driving product performance efficiency and scalable test suites that can be independently run on each game team.
- Manage and provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for multiple QA Automation Engineers (full time and contracted), each of which are responsible for their own specific projects; support the growth of the discipline, leading to higher value individual contributors.
- Building on existing and creating new automation strategies to enable and drive game teams across Scopely and our development partners to build automation at scale
- Build product expertise to identify and close gaps in automation test coverage in our products
- Establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with business leaders, provide engineering and support strategies that meet business goals.
- Be responsible for teams’ productivity and have the ability to seek out areas of improvement in tools, software frameworks, and processes that you can implement to make the team more productive.
- Conceptualize and implement automation reporting structures that can enhance the output of game teams quality efforts.
- Take ownership of and successfully drive the automation team functions of all projects within the Scopely slate.
- Build successful working relationships with external developer counterparts with a focus on Dev QA collaboration
- Establish and maintain strong communication with cross-functional teams across all disciplines for both internal and external development, QA and Localization partners.
- Understand and evaluate testing processes and efficiencies across products and provide value through automation implementation...
- Be the internal advocate and spokesperson for all Automation Engineering efforts. Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders, partners, and executives.
- Understand the cost / benefits of different solutions; avoid over-engineering where a long-term need has not been proven
- Enables effective decision making and risk/return tradeoffs using quantitative and qualitative quality metrics
- Degree level background in engineering with many years leading engineering teams and as a quality assurance professional. Some mobile specific QA experience would be preferred.
- Experience in building a QA organization that is responsible for end-to-end validation for a critical system or application
- A highly technical manager with deep experience in systems and software
- Experience in creating and implementing test automation strategies, automated testing methodologies, and approaches, tools, techniques (unit, functional, integration), executing automated test suites, and debugging test failures
- Experience in working with Unity or other real-time 3D game engines
- Fluent in using Git
- Experience with Quality Engineering work in mobile apps environment
- Experience with large scale consumer facing platforms
- Experience leading a team at scale and managing multiple Quality and Software engineering teams with an eye to driving efficiency
- Experience partnering with cross-functional executives and management across a globally distributed organization
- Strong experience using the following tools/frameworks/languages - Selenium, Unity, GIT, etc.
- Track record of delivery in rapidly changing, highly collaborative, multi-site, multi-stakeholder environments
- Deep knowledge of and experience working with a diverse group of engineers
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective
- Flexible and dynamic – quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.