Freelance 3D Animator
Scopely is looking for a talented freelance 3D animator to join our growing Marketing Creative team in Barcelona. You will work on the leading mobile Casual games Tuscany Villa, Scrabble Go, Yahtzee and Wheel of Fortune. If you are a skilled 3D animator with an excellent knowledge of animation principles, body mechanics, and a sense of storytelling combined with a passion for Casual Games, this position is for you!
You must have experience animating stylized, cartoon as well as realistic characters, Excel at problem-solving and enjoy working collaboratively with a multi-skilled creative team where your knowledge can spread.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the creative team in brainstorms, ideations, storyboards and/or animatic to illustrate ideas before production.
- Execute high-quality animation with Maya for use in game advertising, trailers, and social creative
- Build facial and body animation of character in both cartoony and realistic styles
- Create sequences of shots to enhance existing videos or build short CGI video from storyboards and/or script pages
- Capture existing ingame 3d animation using Unity and repurpose them for marketing usage or advertising
- Work with an attention to detail attitude in a constructive cross-feedback environment.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years entertainment, advertising, or game animation experience or related animation industry experience.
- Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Strong understanding of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience with redshift and/or arnold rendering engines
- Strong sense of composition, color, and animation timing.
- A good sense of story-telling and understanding of cinematic language.
- Must be excellent in Maya.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Enjoys collaborating with designers, video editors and motion designers to deliver great advertising and marketing creative.
Nice to have:
- 3D Modelling and/or illustration skills.
- Experience in creating User Acquisition ads and game trailers.
Please add a link to your demoreel or portfolio with your application
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice