Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager - Scopely Games Barcelona, Spain
Scopely is a leading interactive entertainment and mobile games company. With one of the most diverse mobile games portfolios, Scopely provides engaging, immersive experiences that millions of players around the world return to for years to come. Our global offices are fueled by world-class talent with expertise in game design and development, live services, marketing, analytics and more.
Scopely experienced significant year-over-year growth and as our global footprint continues to grow, we are seeking to establish a Financial Reporting Manager in Spain to support the financial reporting needs across multiple countries in which we operate. We are looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to assist in implementing global processes and procedures in financial reporting. The Financial Reporting Manager will work closely with the global accounting team in the US and regional teams in Europe and Asia to ensure our financial processes are best in class.
The Financial Reporting Manager will report into the Financial Reporting Senior Manager located in Culver City, CA.
What you will do:
- Be a contributor on day one and a part of a fast-paced and exciting journey
- Manage the monthly and annual consolidation process, including preparing inter-company invoices and journal entries, reconciling inter-company balances, and other consolidation procedures and processes
- Manage all intercompany transactions, ensuring appropriate elimination and compliance with transfer pricing agreements. Assist with establishing and maintaining an intercompany framework and policy.
- Support global accounting team and coordinate with foreign affiliates to aggregate monthly and annual consolidated financial information, including managing and reviewing monthly reporting packages
- Ensure accuracy of foreign exchange impact
- Assist with managing integrity of the global chart of accounts and mapping to local statutory accounts
- Support technical accounting research under US GAAP, IFRS, and local accounting principles.
- Work with external auditors to help complete the annual audits
- Help identify areas of improvement, assist with documentation of policies and procedures where appropriate
- Assist with general ad hoc projects
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree, in an Accounting discipline
- 5+ years accounting experience with strong track record of technical accounting and research
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS, and solid understanding of foreign currency translation
- Experience working on inter-company reconciliations in a multinational company
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Ability to work well with a team and autonomously at times
- A desire to take on challenges and grow with the role
- Positive attitude and willing to roll up sleeves to drive work to completion
- Flexibility to take on new responsibilities as the company and team grow
- Experience with Oracle Fusion preferred
- ACCA/CPA license is a plus.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Gamer a plus!
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.