Director of Product Strategy
Scopely is searching for a Director of Product Strategy, based in either Los Angeles or Barcelona, who will oversee a team responsible for in-depth analyses of competitor games to provide actionable KPI driving improvements across our portfolio of live franchises and games in-development. As the basis for these insights, the team completes various analyses, including in-depth update analyses, feature assessment, game teardowns, and case studies. As a result, the Director of Product Strategy is a mobile gaming expert across all genres, primarily RPG, Strategy, Casual, and Puzzle, and is an encyclopedia of competitor games and mechanics.
The Director of Product Strategy will hire and manage a team based in Barcelona and one of our Asian offices as well as work with existing team members based in LA. The Director is responsible for helping shape the company’s overall product strategy by driving actionable insights and input into roadmaps across all franchises. This role will also work cross-functionally, partnering with our Business Development, Corporate Development, and Strategy & Market Insights teams to influence Scopely studio partnerships.
What you will do:
Build and manage a global team of Product Strategy managers and analysts to identify and surface key KPI-lifting product insights to all teams on a regular basis, leading to best-in-class feature ideation, game performance, and sustainability.
- Oversee comprehensive analyses and product teardowns, surfacing insights about competitor games and newly released games.
- Internally, disseminate reports that surface key KPI-lifting features to key stakeholders across the org on a regular basis.
- Partner with franchise leaders to provide developer partners with actionable and timely insights that are targeted and tailored to our collective goals and needs.
- Manage a pipeline of product strategy needs, ensuring ruthless prioritization and alignment with business priorities, both urgent and strategic.
- Ensure that your recommendations are incorporated into product roadmaps, or at the very least, considered and discussed.
- Provide market intelligence to the organization regarding key market and genre trends.
- Highlight new and emerging genres to product leaders to help drive both low-risk and innovative thinking and to elevate our product feature ideation across the board.
- Own internal knowledge-sharing and evangelize product successes across our portfolio, helping to reduce product risk and increase overall predictability and profitability.
- Objectively compare our feature releases across games to assess performance and KPI impact.
- Drive knowledge-sharing initiatives across our portfolio.
- Identify key product wins and provide support to ensure these success are implemented.
- Partner with other functions across the org as an unbiased Product Expert.
- Objectively assess products for Business Development and Corporate Development initiatives, influencing our Slate and Studio Ecosystem
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Mathematics, Marketing, Finance, Product Management, Game Design, or a related field
- Prior experience in Product Management, Strategy, Finance, Consulting, Growth, or Product Marketing, or Game Design preferred
- Infectious passion and love for games
- Possesses a deep drive to shape games and product roadmaps across Scopely’s cross-genre portfolio
- Creative problem-solving acumen as well as analytical rigor to verify or invalidate assumptions
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams
- Direct previous experience in gaming highly preferred
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.