Product Manager - Data Science
Are you a product manager capable of leading large-scale predictive analytics projects collaboratively with cross-functional teams including game product management, engineering, analytics and executive management? You must have strong customer facing skills and enjoy the process of collecting requirements, coordinating execution of a predictive analytics roadmap and presenting to stakeholders through multiple iterations of a project as you drive it to completion. You should be passionate about data science, and hyper-focused on delivering business value.
Scopely is the leading mobile touch-screen entertainment startup with locations worldwide and we are looking for a Data Science Product Manager to join our team in Barcelona.
You will be accountable for driving the prioritization and execution of data science projects. You must help define the right problem and the desired outcome. You must be able to explain to business leaders why a problem is technically difficult to solve without being overly technical. You must also be able to understand and communicate what business value the business leader expects to unlock and ensure the solution the team is building actually provides the value they are seeking.
Note: This position is located in Barcelona, Spain
What you will do:
- Define the roadmap. Ensure it focuses on and prioritizes Scopely business value.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and understand use-cases.
- Help stakeholders understand the opportunity and constraints of a given DS product.
- Help drive solutions through to delivery.
- Setup strict scope of work and hold stakeholders accountable to that scope of work.
- Drive consensus on project outcomes upfront, including definition of that project's measures of success.
- Problem solve and understand project dependencies. Schedule meetings to unblock data scientists helping the team remain focused on coding and technical execution.
- Be a steward of data science product adoption and usage across the company.
- Act as a translator between the data science team and business stakeholders.
- Communicate progress and outcomes on all projects, including its impact
What you will need:
- Intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, high attention to detail, ability to self-audit work, hard-working and a good business intuition are musts!
- Methodical and logical approach to solving problems.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Proven ability to drive a product vision and roadmap, prioritizing opportunities based on business value, and executing via incremental feature launches.
- Very articulate communicator in both written and verbal contexts. Capable of articulating technical concepts to nontechnical audiences. Also able to share business context and communicate to technical teams why the project is important.
- Exceptional presentation skills, with advanced proficiency in english.
- Understanding of how data can be used to drive decision making.
- Intermediate SQL skills so you are able to pull & quickly evaluate datasets independently.
- Experience with Looker a plus.
- B.S. (graduate degree a plus) in a quantitative or scientific field (Math/Stats, Economics, CS, Engineering, Physics, Psychology or similar)
- 7+ years relevant professional experience (experience in gaming is a plus)
- A love or strong desire to work with mobile / games.
Life at Scopely BCN:
- Competitive compensation package, including base + bonus
- Private health insurance 100% covered for you and private life insurance
- Free catered lunches daily + Fully Stocked Kitchen with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Flex Retribution
- Small team environment with opportunity for growth and ownership
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.