Creative Testing Analyst
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
As a Creative Testing Analyst on the User Acquisition Team, you are responsible for contributing to a player-centric product strategy that drives healthy and sustainable active player growth. Our mission is to make experiences that our players love, and keep coming back to time and time again. A key component of achieving this goal is a deep investment in creative strategy. You will focus on creative testing within a number of games in Scopely's portfolio to help measure new creatives against each other, identify top performing concepts and provide analysis of each experiment. You will work primarily with our user acquisition team, but your presence will also be felt across multiple teams within our Company.
You will come from a marketing or analytical background, demonstrate a history of both executing on creative tests and analyzing the results to make educated recommendations. You should have a natural analytical drive to assess and deliver on KPIs, with an intellectual desire to experiment constantly. Being highly collaborative, and being able to influence across many disciplines is a must. You will report directly to the Creative Strategy Manager.
What you will do:
- Own our creative testing process on games like Marvel Strike Force, Star Trek Fleet Command and others, setting up multiple tests on a weekly basis, tracking performance and reporting on final results
- Manage the organization of our creative testing queue and vocalize any gaps in testing activity due to lack of assets
- Develop strategy for both optimizing creative testing spend and length
- Collaborate with the Creative Strategy Manager and UA Creative Team in brainstorming, using a results-based approach to aid in ideation
- Assist in long-form creative analysis, providing support to Creative Strategy Manager in monthly, quarterly and yearly UA creative reviews
- Work closely with data tech team to recommend improvements to proprietary creative testing platform
- Identify any emerging trends and investigate anomalies in testing
- Analyze live environment data to ensure testing environment accurately reflects audience targeting
- Assist in competitive creative research and analysis
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years experience in performance marketing
- Knowledge of mobile gaming KPIs
- Fluent in discussing creative elements, from stylistic choices to formatting decisions, to both core and broad audiences
- Desire to own a workflow and optimize experimental process to the best of their abilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Immense appetite for learning and a passion for mobile entertainment / gaming
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Fluency in English