Scopely Playa Vista is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values... but most of all we care about our community of players. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you’re thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At Scopely Playa Vista, located just three miles from the Pacific in Playa Vista CA, you’ll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires & Allies, and Diablo.
Scopely, a world-class mobile game development studio, is in search of an Animator to join our development team on MARVEL STRIKE FORCE. We need a strong creative contributor with an exceptional understanding of motion, rhythm and all of the other principles of animation. Your passion for games and the Marvel Universe helps you bring to life your favorite heroes and villains, and contribute to one of the most visually ambitious mobile experiences ever.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the principles of animation in all of the work you create
- Create endearing, charismatic animations that reflect the personalities of Marvel Characters within the game
- Collaborate with design team and animation lead to create exciting combat animation concepts
- Collaborate with tech art on rig iteration and animation implementation
- Consistently strive to exceed the highest quality standards of the studio
What you will need:
- 3+ years animation experience in a video game production environment.
- Extensive portfolio displaying diverse animation and artistic skills.
- Art or Animation related college or university degree: BA or BFA
- Thorough understanding of the principles of animation and strong key framed animation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya and Unity
- Superior communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Experience with mobile development, live F2P games in particular
- Experience with fighting/combat system development
- Experience with character rigging and skinning
- Credit on multiple shipped titles
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.