Senior Engineering Team Lead
SchellGames is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focusedon virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered "YES!" to both questions,you might be a fit for our studio!
Senior Engineering Team Lead
With expertise in all areas of game programming, our engineers are adept at writing code from scratch as well as working with middleware and existing tools. Our flexibility allows us to partner with our clients to determine the best technology plan that enables the successful execution of each project.
We are seeking a Senior Engineering Team Lead to manage, train, and lead a talented team of engineers to tackle a variety of projects across a wide range of platforms. Past projects have ranged from VR & AR games to large-scale theme park installations. You'll work closely with the VP of Engineering to foster an environment where team members are excited to grow their careers and continue to launch engaging high-quality projects. We're looking for someone who is excited about mentoring game engineers who are at early stages of their careers and has had experience with people management.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Advocating for the Engineering Department and processes within the team - serving as a key contact at a project lead level and between teams; representing and communicating Engineering Department's successes, challenges, and point of view concerning project direction/production
- Managing the career growth for several engineers across multiple projects; including giving performance feedback, helping to shape individual goals and objectives, meeting regularly to discuss direct reports' professional development
- Supporting the studio Engineering VP to build and manage a high-performing team, outline succession planning, manage risk and identify growth opportunities across tech disciplines
- Mentoring across all levels of the Engineering team and team members outside the discipline on quality, process and best practice with direct correlation to project goals
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8 years of industry and/or relevant technical experience; 3 years as a manager
- Strong mentoring and guidance skills to create an environment for engineers to continually reach new heights within their career
- Effective team leadership skills with passion for product excellence
- Successful leadership roles in building complex software systems for shipped titles
- Strong hands-on coding experience
- Hands-on experience working with Agile development methods
- Experience estimating project costs and staffing requirements
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience building processes, tools, and workflows that enable high levels of productivity and effectiveness across a variety of teams