(Closed) Associate Game Designer
ASSOCIATE GAME DESIGNER POSITION
Are you a Game Designer who is eager to wear many hats, possibly at the same time? Are your development interests hard to fit into one discipline? Do you naturally advocate for the player as a full partner in the pursuit of fun? Do you continuously look for ways to improve your own craft discipline, while advocating for processes that invite your teammates' best work? Do you crave engine implementation time and brainstorming with your team? Are you fascinated by the intersection of virtual and real? Tell us about it!
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Synthesis : Provide service leadership to the game team by engaging the team's skills and experience and focusing effort as a content or systems designer.
- Mechanics : Design, prototyping, implementation, and iteration of gameplay mechanics that realize the vision of the Client, the Project Director, and Design Director.
- UX : Work with UI/UX experts to design elegant UI flow and player experience for game systems, content, & feedback.
- Content : Outline content needs for gameplay systems, work within multidisciplinary teams to scope, pipeline, and implement content in-game.
- Balance : Iterate, balance, and adjust gameplay elements based on internal and playtest feedback.
- Documentation - Draft, maintain and review internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides.
- Playtesting : Analyze data and player feedback to continually optimize existing game experience.
- Narrative Design : Narrative structure, writing, editing, or evaluation of any of the above.
- Prototyping : Using tools or writing scripts or code to prototype new experiences and ideas, evaluating prototypes, working with a team to determine next steps.
- Concept Creation : Draft client or internal pitches for a variety of game genres and RPFs.
- Leadership : Mentoring and / or training designers or other team members as appropriate.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience creating systems or content in a professional game engine; Unreal or Unity preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated excellence in designing and implementing compelling gameplay, gameplay systems, or user development tools.
- Strong knowledge of prototyping best practices.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Strong time management skills
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary interactive experience development team, Or a degree in interactive media
- One or more released games for evaluation, or a playable portfolio
- Strong interpersonal & teamwork skills with an interest in collaborative processes