Are you looking to put your stamp on a shooter game that looks dashing and plays like butter? If so, look no further. We are looking for an Animator to join an exciting mobile shooter project currently in development.
You will be responsible for bringing life to our game worlds via animation. Being a new studio, your work will have a significant impact on the final performance and quality of all Savage projects. Working closely with other departments your work will help set Savage’s games apart from the rest of the mobile shooters on the market.
We offer you a chance to join a rapidly growing international team of passionate and talented game makers - like yourself. We’re a young company and as an early employee you’ll have a genuine chance to contribute to our game and our culture.
- Create stunning animations that are both fluid and responsive
- Work closely with programmers to create core mechanics and immersive experiences
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation
- Help improve animation pipelines
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, weight and silhouette
- Strong Max, Maya or similar 3D animation software
- Understanding of rigging and skinning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with Designers and Programmers.
- Strong understanding of implementation of animation in games
- Shipped one title on PC/Console/mobile
The ideal candidate will also have
- Shipped at least one title using UE4
- Military gear & hardware knowledge a plus
- Practical knowledge of programming/scripting languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.)
- Professional experience creating third-person experiences
- Practical knowledge of state machines, animation trees and current animation tech
Why should you join Savage Game Studios
- You’ll be a core member of a rock solid team of artists, designers and game developers
- You’ll work in an environment where we truly respect each other’s talent and contribution
- We are ambitious and always strive to lift each other to full potential
- We love to play and develop games. In addition to playing games in our free-time, every Friday afternoon at Savage is dedicated to playing games that inspire us
- Our studios are conveniently located in the downtowns of Helsinki and Berlin. After the lockdowns are over, we will offer relocation services
- Our international team values individuality and diversity - no matter who you are or where you're from, you can find a home at Savage
- Last but not least – we offer competitive compensation and good benefits