Lead Guest Experience Guide (Key Holder)
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world . Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except you’re actually with your friends inside the movie. We are creating the future of entertainment and want you to be a part of our journey to bring a holodeck to every neighborhood!
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 10 locations and 4 countries around the world (we’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor), and we’re quickly expanding. As a growing company we are looking for leaders who want to transform the entertainment industry and contribute to the cutting-edge experiences we are creating. We take pride in the relationships we are building within the community through innovation and providing a best-in-class experience for our guests. The opportunities within Sandbox VR are endless and we want you to be a part of this new world we are creating!
This position is onsite at one of our retail stores. We are looking for personable, motivated and passionate people to join our management team as a Part-time Lead Guest Experience Guide. As part of the management team, you will ensure the safety and security of our stores and team, while following all local labor laws in your city. You manage the store environment and help elevate the team.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain the environment: you'll initiate and perform daily tasks and projects to maintain the aesthetic appeal and cleanliness of our stores and prepare the experience rooms and equipment for the guests.
- Health and Safety: Help manage and lead health and safety initiates and policies to ensure the safety of our team and guests.
- Shift Management: Work with management team to ensure daily checklists, goals and labor are achieved and communicated to the team effectively.
- Training and Job Mastery: master and lead training new hires at the Guest Experience Guide and Lead Guest Experience Guide level
- Live the Sandbox VR way: exceed expectations of our guests by promoting our culture, mission and core values. Making a guest happy makes your day!
- Deliver an Incredible Guest Experience: you'll welcome and guide our guests through the experience, helping them with VR gear suiting-up and suiting-down, ensuring a safe and fun experience, and making sure guests leave excited to share their personalized videos, photos, and a story that they can share with friends. The Lead Guest Experience guide will also handle guest escalation when needed, stepping in to lead and support the Guest Experience Guides.
- Technical support and troubleshooting partnering with management and our support team in other parts of the country to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise in day-to-day operations.
- Collaboration: you’ll be asked to partner with management and other team members for ad-hoc projects and other operational duties that might arise in a fast-growing startup company.
- Safety and Cleanliness: managing the safety and cleanliness of our equipment and location exceeds the expectations of our guests and team.
- Communication: consistently and effectively identify and communicate store issues, project updates and ideas with the management team
- Specialized focus: Lead guest experience guides have the ability to specialize in the technical systems of Sandbox and/or focus on guest service based on their skills and interests.
- Store Profitability: Partner with management team to plan marketing initiatives, labor management and execution to maximize store profitability.
- Recruiting: The Lead Guest Experience Guide assists the management team with resume screening and interviewing to help ensure Sandbox VR is hiring best-in-class talent.
Who we are looking for:
- Guest Service Focused: Delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests is the most important thing we can do in our company. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and mostly importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our guests and our team alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge to provide a white glove experience for our guests.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of time. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 25 lbs.) or climb up stairs. You’ll also need strong close-distance hand eye coordination and dexterity capabilities in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Team First Mentality: At Sandbox VR we live by the team first mentality. You’ll be expected to bring a positive attitude, collaborate and effectively lead your team especially during high volume/intensity situations.
- Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for people that thrive in a self-starter fast-paced environment required to deliver a white glove experience for our guests. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgement and can learn independently and quickly on the job to master our platform technically and operationally.
- Leadership Experience: Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience at the operations management level in a retail or hospitality industry preferred.
- Open Availability: As a part of the leadership team this role will require open availability and will be scheduled in accordance with the needs of the location.
WE ARE SANDBOX VR, AND WE INVITE YOU TO COME PLAY IN OUR SANDBOX (AND THINK OUTSIDE IT).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.