We’re looking for a Level Designer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Level Designer, you will be responsible for the design, layout, and functionality of levels and maps. Your primary tool will be, besides common documentation and paper prototype tools, Unreal Engine 4 and experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a requirement for this position.
Besides ensuring that all the mechanics are used correctly by the maps, you’ll also evaluate and improve the art site and performance of our maps. Throughout your day. you’ll have to work closely together with the game programmers, game designers, artists, and production staff.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts.
Founded in 2001 with its headquarter in New Jersey, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games with offices in the US, Spain and Eastern Europe. It is one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do.
Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions, World War Z and developed and published NBA Playgrounds and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 for all major consoles and PC.
Please include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as a level designer and your related experience with Unreal Engine 4. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Send your application to the email at the apply button, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Level Designer
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a level designer
- Throughout understanding of level design from a technical and artistic perspective, game mechanics and how to document everything and how to bring it to life within set performance limits
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, especially with the Blueprint System
- Experience with level design relevant tools
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly define and communicate design ideas
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
- Experience in game design and art development
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Design, build and balancing of levels and maps
- Evaluation and iteration of map flows to ensure the best possible gameplay experience
- Optimizing and decorating maps together with the art type to achieve a visually compelling look besides a highly engaging experience
- Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
- Salary based on experience
- Permanent, full-time contract
- On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
- Flexible working hours